Now, I'm taking a page from my dear friend, the Farmer's Wife and listing a few of my goals for the new year. 2008 was a great year, and I'm looking forward to another one, when Benjamin will turn 5 and head to kindergarten, Allison will be potty trained (no more diapers, YES!) and turn 3. Adam is barely 11 and getting so responsible and talkative, and Haley will continue the Junior High years (ugh!) and turn 14.
As for me:
- Wake up early enough to start my day with a quiet time and a cup of coffee.
- Memorize 2 scriptures/month via the Living Proof Blog challenge.
- Lead a summer Bible study in Miles City.
- Grow in the knowledge and love of my Lord and Savior.
- Exercise 4 x week: either walking, weight lifting, or Pilate's.
- Drink more water, less Diet Coke.
- Lose the last 15 or so pounds I've been working on.
- Get physically strong enough to do pull-ups and push-ups.
- Continue reading one quality piece of literature per month. (Thanks UBC!)
- Take at least one continuing education course either via the internet or MTSBA, or teaching class.
- Finish my chores before my fiddling around (computer time, tv time, messing around)
- Spend quality time with Alli and Ben in some kind of fun learning activity 2 times/week.
- Paint bedroom and bathroom.
- Finish trim and touch-up paint in kitchen.
- Clean out kids' closets.
- Paint Alli's room and set up big girl bed.
- Clean basement closets.
- Paint and repair basement doors.
- Touch up basement paint.
- Get my garden planted before June 15th!
- Stay caught up on weed-pulling in flower and veggie gardens.
- Plant some new trees and bushes around the yard (remember to order from NRCS!).
Boy! I have an awful lot to do! But it helps me to write the list down and then refresh my brain with frequent visits to it. Right now I'm going to copy and paste this to a Word document so I can have it in black and white.
Looking forward to my blogging adventure. Hope to see you again soon.