Bins

Bins

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I should really be mowing my lawn,

 or balancing the checkbook, or cleaning my kids' rooms.... It seems like there are lots of times I think about putting up a post, but then I get distracted, or decide I should do some real work instead of playing on the computer!! But I have a few minutes while Ben's at school and Alli's with her dad delivering seed to the field, so I thought I'd at least share a few photos of what we've been up to in the last 3 months or so. Here goes... in chronological order starting sometime in July:

Flowers in my back bed


 Scott in the corn.

Ben and Alli enjoying the Rosebud County Fair (the rides anyway)


Harvest in full swing (I think Haley is unloading with Scott assisting here...)

All four machines going round and round....


Ben making roads on his "farm". Actually he's keeping busy while I'm feeding the crew in the field.
A Star Wars shirt and a cowboy hat. What a kid.

Harvest dust + summer sunset = beautiful



Ben's 1st day of 1st grade


Alli's 1st day of Ben's 1st grade


The enigma of Montana weather: sunshine and blue skies just north
 of a ferocious thunderstorm and beautiful rainbow!


Alli packing her "wunch" to go with Dad


Adam really is pretty coordinated, he's putting his mouthguard in while running and.....


Makes a GREAT tackle!


Haley at the net...blocking it for a point.


Up and ready to block!


As usual, it's been pretty busy around here. We are in the throes of planting winter wheat and then get ready to ship calves on Sunday. One thing about our place: there's job security!

2 comments:

The Farmer's Wife said...

Know what?
The lawn will be there.
The lawn will be there for just EVER...so don't fret about that!

Love these pictures! You've had such a busy fall.
As usual, hmm!

Kathy said...

Great photos. The flower one.....would love a copy of that one. I love the chronology, the freshness and innocence, and the certainly of family joy and love. A beautiful reflection on your Creator!