Bins

Bins

Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Year, A New Post

Yes. It's true. I'm putting up a blog post. Life has been busy, and I've been spending too much time on Facebook. I am, like most of you, trying to turn over a new leaf. I'm trying to limit my total computer time on a daily basis, so I can tackle three big goals.

One is to get back in shape. I've been really slacking on the exercise and diet front. And my clothes are beginning to show it... the way they fit anyway. I'm sick of it, so I'm determined to do better, and that means more time for exercise, and less time for eating junk. I'm hoping the Wii we got for Christmas will help. I'm finding Wii Fit really fun, and even funny, when I try a skill or exercise that I'm not very good at. Turns out my balance is a little off. (Yeah, you knew that didn't you?) I also found a copy of EA Sports Active 2 on sale. It works with the balance board, an arm band with a heart rate monitor, and a leg band, to count moves and trace movements. So far I've done that one pretty seriously twice. Ouch. Seriously. Tomorrow I think the trips down the stairs may be a little difficult. I think I did like 3 sets of 16 lunges. But I was sweating and my heart rate went up. I figure between that and some time on the treadmill, I may be in shape by next year! Plus I decided to start eating a little better, so my fridge is stocked with celery, oranges, and apples. I need to pick up some carrots, bananas, and greens next time I'm in town. I also decided to quit soda. And I wasn't even drinking the real stuff... just Diet Coke, and I'm quitting that too. It's hard today. I haven't had much trouble up until today.

Another big "project" is to do better in the spiritual arena. Specifically I'm aiming to get in and read my Bible and have some quiet time alone with God 5 out of 7 days a week. Some neighbor ladies and I are working on Kelly Minter's No Other Gods study which has 5 daily lessons, and I have a book by Beth Moore on Jesus on which I'm going to work during the off days. I am also doing the Siesta Scripture Memory Challenge from the Living Proof Ministries blog which is to memorize two scriptures per month. I'm going to make an effort to post each scripture before I start on the 1st and the 15th of each month. Here's the first: Romans 15:13: May the God of hope fill you with peace and joy as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

The last big project has to do with bookkeeping. I have gotten so I feel pretty confident and competent in my abilities to do our books, especially with Quickbooks, but I want to do a little better job of getting things up-to-date beyond just once a month when I do my reconciliation. It's not a hard thing, just a self-disciplined thing, and a quit-procrastinating thing.

So there you have it. I will be updating photos soon as we have some great ones from Christmas and New Year's. Hope all are well out there, and surviving all the cold, wind and snow! The sun is shining today and it's beautiful!!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Traci,

Less computer time is on my list as well. My goal is to not log on to read news or facebook until I've had my time with the Lord. It just goes soooo much better.

I really want His priorities. Your list could be my list, easily. Grace and grit, my friend. Grace and grit! : )

Cowboy's Sweetheart said...

I am impressed. I have some goals to that I am going to write on paper. They don't always get done each year, but close. I do want to finish Beth Moore's study we did a couple of years ago. I have five lessons to go. It was good to read about your life!! I miss visiting with you!

The Farmer's Wife said...

Sweetie,
You make me look like such a slob, with your admirable goals for the year!

You're doing a great job with both...I love a girl who takes action on her ideas. Cheering you on!!!